- Brown bread/Multigrain bread with a thin layer of cottage cheese
- Fruit salad (Do not include high calories fruits such as mango or avocado)
- Rice cake with toppings of fresh fruit
- Fruit smoothie (http://www.flowercarole.com/ has some recipes and you can also modify them according to your taste).
- Puffed rice (I mix them with raw onions, slices of tomatoes, chillies and fresh coriander leaves)
- Skimmed milk
- Salted Lassi (yoghurt blended with water)
- A bowl of salad (many possibilities exist here but avoid salad dressings.)
- Cherry tomatoes/baby carrots (one cup) with a yoghurt dip.
If you like hot drinks during the day then green tea is great as it has antioxidants and tastes good without sugar.It also helps the body to burn fat.
Healthy snacking, if done wisely, can be our ally in our weightloss efforts as it can fuel our metabolism and take the edge off our hunger during the main meals.