Thursday, July 19, 2007

Face Packs

One of the best things that happen when you are a mother is that you laugh a lot...and as they say laughter is the best medicine; we should be grateful for all that laughter that makes our skin glow !!


With babies around do we have time to go to our parlour & indulge in a facial or anything for that matter??? The answer to many would be 'NO'..well let me share with you some of the little things I do.


When ever (this actually happened daily) my son ate a fruit, say a banana, apple, papaya...he would never finish the entire portion that I gave him so I always had leftovers. These would have gone straight to the dustbin, but instead I put them on my face & neck. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and wash off; and I found my skin looking really fresh, clean and glowing !!


Another thing that is very useful and just a good cleansing job is this. Take equal quantity of chana daal, moong daal, masoor daal, grind all these together in a mixer into somewhat coarse (like your face scrub) powder. Store this in an air-tight container. When you go for bath, just take few spoon-fulls of this mixture, add little milk & use this instead of soap. Do this regularly and welcome back your beautiful skin !!

If you have a hairy baby like mine, you can use it on them as well !!


So do try this and I am sure all of you will have superb skin, & we will not feel bad about not being able to go for that much needed facial.

No comments: