Monday, October 15, 2007

Crocs - almost everybody has them in Singapore


One of the things that caught my attention when I first came to Singapore was the huge number of people wearing crocs. Regardless of age and sex a large number of people here are in crocs. I think crocs are the most convenient footwear in Singapore as it rains almost everyday.
When I drop off my child in school I always look at the shoe rack and out of ten or twelve shoes atleast three are crocs. Mini crocs look oh so cute and most of them are adorned with accessories! They come in various colors but for children I think bright pink and yellow are the popular colors.
While crocs are comfortable and convenient to be used on beaches and on rainy days, there have been a lot of controversy as to whether it is safe for kids when they are on escalators. A lot of parents have reported serious foot injuries which happened when their kids' crocs got stuck in the escalators.

No comments: