Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My super-duper weekend

Yes indeed it was a super duper weekend, finally...my parents came down to spend some time with us. I am sooooooo happy to see them!! Aaditya gets to spend time with his 'nini' & 'nanadi'...
The prelude to the weekend was great too, I was getting the house in order, organising things that were out of place & stocking up the fridge & groceries. I had plans of making idli-sambar for the saturday breakfast; but they arrived a good 2 hours later than we had anticipated so it was a mad rush to get the sambar finished in time, well the gist of it all is that we finished eating at 12!!
While breakfast was getting ready, Aadi joined mom in un-packing all the goodies they had brought. I got my favourite Shrewsbury biscuits from Pune, Amol got his Bakarwadi, and khari. Not to mention that as the 'jamai' he got some extra gifts. Mom bought some dry-herbs for Aadi, and I must say that they come in handy when the need arises. I will look for the english names for the herbs & then do a separate post on herbs for kids. Thanks to Mom's arrival I am indulging in home made gajar-ka-halwa...yummmmmmm
They had a very tiring & sleepless night so off they went for a nap, I too joined Aadi coz the previous night I was getting up at one hour intervals just to keep a check on the clock & to make sure we don't oversleep after the alarm.
After the naps, we had tea again & chatted away then mom & I headed to the kitchen to make some more food...evening was spent again chatting & entertainment by Aadi who would takie his 'nanadi' into his toy-room & ask for toys that were beyond his reach and the toys that I had put away saying he is too young for them yet. He did some drawing, clay-work. Surprisingly though he threw a sleep-on-the-floor kind of tantrum & I was shocked for words!! We did not pay attention, and he was OK in a short while. But I am really surprised at the way kids can manipulate their behavior according to their surroundings.
Mom & Papa are in Singapore now & will be back tomorrow, so we're looking forward to that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bakarwadis etc sound yummm, we just finished the last of our chivada yesterday - i think a quick trip to east ham to stock up on the goodies is essential now to maintain our sanity

- sonie