- i really like chatting to my grandmother - every time i call her i am greatly relieved to hear that not much has changed in the world of parenting since her time - thats atleast for the last fifty or sixty years - its very comforting to know that while everything is about change around us - some things never change.
- i like going for a walk - you get to meet the most interesting people when you are out and about - and of course it helps you to lose pounds and inches.
- its great meeting up with old friends and i really like it when i have an unannounced visit from friends - it really makes my day - its nice to have a chat sitting around the table with a steaming cuppa - it transforms the mundane things that we talk about into scintillating conversations.
- its fun to see old photographs and videos - you can laugh at yourself and you are the only one who does not find it boring.
- i subscribe to heartwarmers - a website that sends me emails every couple of days about things that, well, warm the heart - this morning the usual story came with a bonus of some witty one liners. I have taken the liberty of pasting some of the ones that i really liked- i hope i am not violating any laws in doing so.
On a Plumber's truck: "Don't sleep with a drip. Call your plumber."
Pizza Shop Slogan: "7 days without pizza makes one weak."
At a Towing company: "We don't charge an arm and a leg. We want
On an Electrician's truck: "Let us remove your shorts."
On a Maternity Room door: "Push. Push. Push."
At an Optometrist's Office: "If you don't see what you're looking
for, you've come to the right place."
In a Podiatrist's office: "Time wounds all heels."
On a Fence: "Salesmen welcome! Dog food is expensive."
At a Car Dealership: "The best way to get back on your feet - miss a
Outside a Muffler Shop: "No appointment necessary. We hear you
In a Veterinarian's waiting room: "Be back in 5 minutes. Sit! Stay!"
In a Restaurant window: "Don't stand there and be hungry, Come on in
and get fed up."
In the front yard of a Funeral Home: "Drive carefully. We'll wait...
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Writers Block and other musings
After not writing for about a month - and i have lots of excuses for not doing so, but i won't list them lest others get ideas - i decided to identify the main problem and write about it. Well i figured i was confronting the dreaded Writer's Block - which according to an article in Wikipedia - is a phenomenon involving temporary loss of ability to begin or continuing writing, usually due to lack of creativity or inspiration. Note i have some words in bold - these are the blocks of the definition that i could best identify with - because i began numerous posts - and there was enough to inspire me but no creativity to keep me going. The same article then goes on to say that the best way to overcome it is to write whatever comes to mind and to fix a specific time in the day and write regardless of the quality of the output. So taking heart, i have set out to lay down some random thoughts that have come to my mind - its like framing the doodles that you draw in the margins of notebooks - its by no means any great art - but it has its time and place.