Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My winning picture story

I sent this as my entry for the Samsung, Singapore contest, titled ' What's your winning picture story?'

I chose this picture as it depicts a very significant event in my life as a mother. Here's why....

The picture was taken on 23rd of August, 2008. My son's 3rd Birthday. It was not a normal 3rd Birthday....because that very morning my son also got discharged from hospital after his Open Heart Surgery that had taken place on the 14th of August.

In this photo, my son is sitting on his Papa's lap, and I am performing a very traditional ritual of 'Aukshan' or 'Aarti' for my son. In which I apply a red kumkum 'teeka' on his forehead, followed by raw rise. Then the 'thali' (plate) containing the Diya (lamp) is rotated in front of his face 5 times to invoke the blessings of the Gods.

The date shown on the photo is wrong !! We never paid attention to those settings and just assumed that all must be well.

The day was made special by the presence of all our family and friends that had rallied with us through this tough time of our son's surgery.

For those who wish to participate in this contest, here are the details:

How to participate:
  • Email your photo in JPEG format to hweiyun.ng@samsung.com, and explain in not more than 50 words its significance. Photo should be less than 2MB in size.
  • Include your full name, NRIC number, email and contact number (in SG)
  • Send entries by 5th December, 2010.


Prizes: 2 Samsung NX100 cameras to be won!

Duration:
23 Nov – 5 Dec 2010

No comments: