This one is for you Malina...especially for Nazu's upcoming birthday....
Funny faces is a goody snack that you can serve at a birthday party or any gathering where you know there are going to be little bubbly kids.
It's a very simple dish to make, actually involves hardly any cooking and it gets done very fast and the best part is that you can prepare it well in advance !!
You will need:
- Sponge cake - vanilla and or chocolate
- Dark Chocolate - grated
- Jam - your choice of flavor
- Round, colorful chocolate...."Nestle Smarties" is the brand available in SG
- Almonds, Cashew - you could replace these with other shapes of candy if you wish to avoid any kind of nuts.
- Ice cream cones
- Plain biscuits like Marie
- Crumble the cake into a fine mixture
- Add some jam to this, so that you can roll it into a ball shape
- Melt the dark chocolate (use double boil method), and add some milk to it so as to form a thick-ish paste.
- Roll the cake-jam balls in this chocolate-milk syrup/paste
- Now you have the main face of the item
- Next put on the ice-cream cone (wafer cone) over the ball like a pointy hat
- Stick the colored round candy for eyes, the almond forms the nose and use the cashew to make a happy or a sad or a funny face...
- Finally place this on the biscuit so that you can move these 'funny faces' around easily.
- I personally would prefer to place the cake-jam ball covered with chocolate over the biscuit before the decoration.....I think it will be easier and less messier.
Here is a video (in marathi) of this recipe.....just have a look to understand the flow of events....it is very simple to understand...and in case of difficulty ...I am right here to handle all your queries....
Funny Faces Recipe Link Courtesy of ZeeMarathi on Youtube